Electrical Superintendent - Travel Required
Date Posted: March 14, 2023
Vice President – MEP Division
Fisher is a leading general contracting firm headquartered in the Pacific Northwest and is one of the largest builders of industrial and commercial projects in the food processing and cold storage industries in the U.S.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of professionals working on state-of-the-art commercial and industrial buildings. Fisher Construction Group is seeking a self-driven Electrical Superintendent who coordinates and oversees electrical subcontractors, the installation of electrical equipment properly, efficiently and on schedule.
- Five years of experience coordinating projects in manufacturing and/or processing/manufacturing equipment. Understanding design and installation is helpful. Experience with food processing, raw product handling and packaging engineering preferred.
- Evaluates the resumes and proposals of subcontractors and provides recommendations to Electrical/Process Engineers regarding suitability of the subcontractor for the work proposed. Develops working relationships with subcontractors selected for the work.
- Confers with and directs subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of installation.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to safety requirements, specifications and designer drawings then, reports/directs corrections when necessary.
- Assists in developing and monitors installation schedules.
- Prepares progress reports, quality assurance documents, corrective notices and other paperwork as directed to document the project progress. Takes photos of work in progress to supplement reports and document progress.
- Knowledge of best practices, statutes, and codes pertaining to installation and operation of manufacturing and processing systems.
- Understands project plans, blueprints, P&ID’s and specifications for design and installation of equipment for the project. Makes recommendations to Electrical Engineers, Field Superintendents and other project team members for best means and methods for achieving maximum electrical installation success.
- Demonstrated competence in Excel and MS Office.
- Ability to travel to distant construction sites, which may include extended stays. * Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
Compensation & Benefits
Fisher Construction Group provides a highly-competitive wage and benefits package. Depending on experience, employment offers will range between $112,367 to $121,540 annually, with a potential annual performance bonus up to $16,500.00
The Fisher benefits package includes insurance for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/Long-Term Disability. We also provide a 401K plan with employer match as well as a Profit Sharing plan, paid holidays, paid time off and more!