Date Posted: March 15, 2023
*Office Location In Spokane, WA - Work is Performed In Multiple Locations Across the United States
$20/hr to $32/hr depending on skills, experience, and willingness to travel
Must be willing to travel and pass a drug screen (includes testing for marijuana).
- Fisher’s success is built on strong teams. Full-Time, non-union employees are rewarded with competitive wages with annual wage reviews, health Insurance benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability benefits as well as 401K retirement benefits with a 3.5% company match. After one year, Full-Time, non-union employees are also eligible for profit sharing
- Safety is a deeply ingrained priority throughout Fisher Construction Group. We understand that safety is right for our employees and subcontractors as well as for delivering projects efficiently. Fisher’s Comprehensive Safety Management Program is designed to instill a high level awareness of safe job site practices in all team members.
- General or Roofing Superintendent
- Works as part of a crew to remove, repair and install roofing on many types of buildings. Roofing Mechanics are classified in three levels according to skills and experience.
- Minimum 3 years roofing experience required.
- Experience in the roofing industry in a hands-on capacity.
- Load and unload tools and equipment
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs.
- Assemble temporary equipment or structures to facilitate roofing applications, i.e., fall protection systems.
- Removes old roofing materials from roofs using hand tools.
- Sweep and clean roofs and surfaces to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
- Clears out gutters, drains and scuppers.
- Organizes lay down area and prepares it for lifting to area where it will be applied.
- Hand carries roofing panels or other materials to the location where they will be installed.
- Lay out and cut roofing materials with power tools
- Cover roofs with layers of roofing felt, asphalt strips, insulation material before installing tile, slate, metal or composition materials or TPO/EDM surface using proper fasteners and pneumatic or hand tools or hot air gun and hot air weld to fasten seams.
- Install finish trims and required surface caulks
- Applies sealants and other protective coatings.
- Spray foams pipe stand legs and other metal roofing protrusions.
- Work is performed with other workers as a team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Has a positive attitude, initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain a good attendance record.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools commonly employed on construction sites.
- Ability to operate equipment and machinery commonly employed on construction sites.
- Knowledge of roofing techniques used to build commercial and industrial buildings.
- Knowledge of the safety requirements for a construction site.
- Runs errands to collect equipment and supplies.
- Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and climbing are all required on a constant basis.
- Lifting of objects up to 20 pounds is frequent, and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- There is frequent pushing, pulling and dragging of objects.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions. Workers are exposed to dust and dirt common to construction sites.