Served up by Office Manager Erin Burkholder
Client Ingredients: Hempler Uncured Ham, Alexia Yukon Select Hashed Browns (with onion, garlic, and white pepper), Darigold Half and Half, Darigold Salted Butter, Darigold Medium Cheddar Cheese
- Butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 12 whole eggs
- 3 cups cubed ham
- ½ Onion, minced
- 3 cups shredded medium cheddar (reserve 1 cup for topping)
- 7oz can diced green chiles (mild or medium)
- Bag of Hash Browns, completely thawed in microwave
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Optional: Tabasco Pepper Sauce, to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees F. Generously grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter.
Spread thawed hash browns evenly in the baking dish. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs with heavy cream, salt, pepper, and (optional) Tabasco Pepper Sauce. Fold in ham, onions, and two cups of cheese. Stir to combine.
Pour egg mixture evenly over hash browns, top evenly with green chilies and the remaining one cup of cheese. Sprinkle Cajun Seasoning Blend on top of casserole before baking. Place filled baking dish on a sheet pan, and bake for 45-50 minutes (on middle rack), or until middle of casserole is completely set and top begins to turn golden brown.
Darigold Sour Cream
Salsa or Pico de Gallo
Chopped Green Onions