Heavy Equipment Operator - Full Time
Date Posted: March 15, 2023
*Office Location In Burlington, WA - Work is Performed In Multiple Locations Across the United States
Wage Range: $22/hr to $32/hr depending on skills, experience, and willingness to travel
Must be willing to travel and pass a drug screen (includes testing for marijuana)
- Fisher’s success is built on strong teams. Full-Time, non-union employees are rewarded with competitive wages with annual wage reviews, health Insurance benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability benefits as well as 401K retirement benefits with a 3.5% company match. After one year, Full-Time, non-union employees are also eligible for profit sharing.
- Safety is a deeply ingrained priority throughout Fisher Construction Group. We understand that safety is right for our employees and subcontractors as well as for delivering projects efficiently. Fisher’s Comprehensive Safety Management Program is designed to instill a high-level awareness of safe job site practices in all team members.
- Civil Superintendent
- Operates a variety of contractor equipment and trucks such as dozers, excavators, graders and scrapers to prepare ground for construction of buildings and in the construction of underground utilities systems.
- Prepares heavy equipment by conducting operator inspections and performing preventive maintenance checks.
- Plans work by studying and clarifying instructions and diagrams, calculating requirements and gathering supplies.
- Operates a variety of contractor equipment and trucks, including dozers, excavators, graders and scrapers, to prepare ground for construction of buildings and in the construction of underground utilities systems while observing varying conditions and adjusting equipment controls.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Keeps heavy equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and calling for repairs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 3 years minimum experience in operating heavy equipment (5 years preferred)
- Safety Focused
- Good common sense and problem-solving skills
- Participates in training opportunities and continued growth of knowledge
- Sitting in equipment on a constant basis, although standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and climbing are all required as well to visually inspect work.
- Use of fingers, hands and arms on a constant basis to operate equipment.
- Lifting of objects up to 10 pounds is frequent, and up to 50 pounds occasionally when performing repair and daily maintenance of equipment.
- While working as a laborer, constant standing and walking on rough terrain is required on a constant basis.
- Lifting of objects up to 20 pounds is frequent, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- There is frequent pushing, pulling and dragging of objects and materials, as well as walking behind a compactor for up to 8 hours per day.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions. Workers are exposed to dust and dirt common to construction sites.