Project Engineer | Burlington, WA
Date Posted: July 6, 2023
Would you like to join an award-winning team? Fisher Construction Group is seeking an experienced self-driven Project Engineer to support Project Managers and Project Superintendents.
Fisher is a leading design-build construction firm headquartered in the Pacific Northwest and is one of the largest builders of industrial and commercial projects in the food processing and cold storage industries in the United States.
The ideal candidate will have a great attitude, strong organizational and analytical skills, and thrive in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Acts as a liaison with subcontractors, consultants and suppliers. Maintains lists of addresses and phone numbers for these individuals. Composes and prepares correspondence,
- Produces and tracks contracts with subcontractors, suppliers and consultants.
- Collects and tracks RFI’s and submittals and maintains a database to organize this material.
- Prepares and coordinates change orders and tracks them using a database.
- Assists with the preparation of project schedules.
- Maintains and distributes current project plans and specifications.
- Provides technical and on-site support to Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
- Collects and processes purchase orders. Assists in the ordering of materials and supplies.
- Assists with permitting issues, as necessary.
- Keeps minutes of jobsite meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience working as a project engineer on commercial/industrial projects.
- Advanced knowledge of the construction industry, specifically commercial and industrial general contracting, and construction means and methods.
- Knowledge of construction budgeting and estimating. Ability to perform take-offs.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other construction documents.
- Demonstrated competence in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and construction project management software.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record.
Compensation & Benefits
Fisher Construction Group provides a highly competitive wage and benefits package. Depending on experience, employment offers for a Project Engineer will range between $70,000 to $89,664 annually, with a potential annual performance bonus up to $12,000.00.
Employment offers for a Senior Project Engineer will range between $94,000 to $108,124 annually, with a potential annual performance bonus up to $16,500.00.
The Fisher benefits package includes insurance for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/Long-Term Disability. We also provide a 401K plan with employer match as well as a Profit-Sharing plan, paid holidays, paid time off and more!