Project Manager | Burlington, WA
Date Posted: July 3, 2023
CEO and President
Fisher is a leading general contracting firm headquartered in the Pacific Northwest and is one of the largest builders of industrial and commercial projects in the food processing and cold storage industries in the U.S.. Fisher is a privately owned company with strong family centered values and employee focused culture.
We are actively looking for a Project Manager to provide management oversight for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating workers, materials and equipment, ensuring specifications are followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Cultivates clients. Develops client leads and pursues job opportunities by initiating contacts with potential clients and persons with influence on projects.
- Develops budgets, estimates and cost analyses for projects.
- Negotiates contract terms with clients.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of the project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Selects subcontractors working on various phases of the project. Through management of project superintendent, oversees performance of all subcontractors.
- Reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed. Makes value engineering decisions.
- Acts as primary lead in preparation of project estimates, bid solicitation, and award.
- Responds to and resolves budget issues. Assists as necessary to expedite billing for the project and to affect payment to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepares monthly forecast projections for projects and ensures and verifies their accuracy.
- Works closely with project architect and engineers as project progresses to facilitate permitting process, develop changes in plans as needed and propose change orders, if necessary.
- Assists in preparing, implementing and regularly updating the Master Project Schedule in cooperation with the Project Superintendent.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises project engineers, reviews their work and checks on any reported difficulties.
- Corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and budget allocated.
- Reports to owners and architects the progress and any necessary modifications of plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management for commercial/industrial construction.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, P6 Scheduling Software and experience with Project Management software such as Prolog, Viewpoint or other.
- Understanding of rules and regulations regarding jobsite safety.
- Ability to travel to distant construction sites, which may include overnight or several day stays.
- Thorough knowledge of the commercial and industrial construction industry. Knowledge of commercial and industrial building and safety codes, rules and regulations.
- Drafts and negotiates subcontracts with qualified and pre-screened subcontractor base.
- Ability to negotiate and mediate issues with a variety of personalities representing a diverse group of individuals and businesses associated with the construction industry.
Compensation & Benefits
Fisher Construction Group provides a highly-competitive wage and benefits package. Depending on experience, employment offers will range between $101,000 to $124,252 annually, with a potential annual performance bonus up to $36,000.00.
The Fisher benefits package includes insurance for Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/Long-Term Disability. We also provide a 401K plan with employer match as well as a Profit Sharing plan, paid holidays, paid time off and more!