President / CEO
BS Civil Engineering | University of Portland | Portland, Oregon
Dan Powers is President and CEO of Fisher Construction Group. Under Dan’s leadership since 2011, the company has nearly tripled in size with projects in the continental US and Canada, as well as Alaska. Dan oversees the daily operations of the $350M company with a focus on finances, contractual commitments, and business development.
Dan received a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Portland and joined Fisher in 1997. With a personal goal of developing the company’s cold storage portfolio, Dan quickly rose through the ranks as Project Manager and became a member of the leadership team before he was 35 years-old.
Along with being a strong advocate for building customer relationships, Dan is known for his innovative solutions and passion for the design | build construction approach.
Fisher Construction Group is a national leader in cold storage and food processing construction. The company got its start in the Pacific Northwest and began using the design | build construction approach nearly forty years ago. Fisher’s turnkey approach to building construction includes an in-house team of construction project managers, architects and designers, structural engineers, and food process engineers. Fisher self-performs grading and utilities, concrete work, the installation of insulated metal panels, and roofing.
- 20+ Years Industry Experience
- Experience Concentration in Management, Mentoring and Sales; Cold Storage & Food Processing
- FMI Leadership Training
- Associated General Contractors | Washington
- US Green Building Council
- International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses
- International Association of Cold Storage Contractors
- Northwest Food Processor’s Association
- Arctic Cold | Oxnard, California
- NewCold Advanced Logistics | Indianapolis, Indiana
- NewCold Advanced Logistics | Tacoma, Washington
- NewCold Advanced Logistics | Burley, Idaho
- McCain Foods | Burley, Idaho
- McCain Foods | Othello, Washington
- JR Simplot | Prtage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada
- Lamb Weston Richland Line 5 Expansion | Richland, Washington
- Lamb Weston/ConAgra | Boardman, Oregon
- Carlisle Manufacturing | Puyallup, WA
- Silver Bay Seafoods | False Pass, Alaska
- Silver Bay Seafoods | Valdez, Alaska
- Hempler Enterprises, Inc. | Ferndale, Washington
- Americold | Delhi, Louisiana
- Americold | Tacoma, Washington
- Madera Commons, Newman Development | Madera, California